Are you interested in learning how to build a tiny house without the expense and time commitment of an off-site workshop? Our eWorkshop allows you to learn at your own pace for as long as you need, all without the costs of traveling.
Follow along with Dan Louche as he builds and teaches you how to build a tiny house from beginning to end. Watch as he explains and demonstrates each step along the way.
The lessons are ordered and broken up into small, easy to learn segments. It’s like attending a workshop in your own house, that you can then attend again and again, as many times as you want. A question and answer forum is also provided with each lesson, allowing you to ask questions and interact with other users on each specific topic.
About the Guide
Building your own house is an amazing experience. Not only do you reap tremendous financial benefits, but you also gain a sense of accomplishment like none other.
Take the first step to achieving your dream of building and living in your very own tiny house! The Tiny House Design & Construction Guide is your road map to the entire build process. This guide will help you to understand each step that needs to be taken and, more importantly, give you the confidence to start building your own tiny house.
The guide consists of 180 pages and over 168 color photographs and illustrations. The information contained in it is not specific to any particular set of plans and would be pertinent to anyone building a tiny house, small backyard office, studio, or even a shed.
What You’ll Learn
- How to Downsize and Still Be Happy: Downsizing is not as simple as just throwing away some of your stuff. You will need to make smart decisions and do it right if you want to be happy and enjoy the new lifestyle tiny living can bring.
- How to Custom Design Your Dream Home: Learn what it takes to design your own home. Find out how to leverage the work of others to keep design costs down while getting the exact house you want.
- How to Save Thousands on Your Materials: There are a lot of materials that go into building a tiny house. The cost of those can range between $10,000 and $25,000. But did you know there is a simple trick to save thousands, you just need to know who and how to ask?
- How to Build the Structure: Learn the details required to do the actual building. This includes building the walls, roof, drying-in the house, installing the windows and doors, siding, roofing material, and so on.
- Places to Park and Live In Your Tiny House: You will want to figure this out before you even start building. The last thing you want is to spend your time and money building your dream home only to find out you cannot live where you expected.
- Which Tools You Will Absolutely Need: There are thousands of different tools out there. Find out which ones are essential to build your house.
- The Best Trailer Types for a Tiny House: There are many different trailer types available. You will want to be sure to pick one that is strong and safe enough to support your house.
- Electrical, Simplified: Electrical work can be scary, but it doesn’t have to be. We break down the different parts of the electrical system and explain how to wire your house with diagrams that almost anyone can understand.
- Plumbing, Simplified: Behind electrical, plumbing is one of the most feared task of building a house. But did you know it’s actually one of the easiest?
- Off-Grid Options: Considering taking your house off-grid? Find out how to get power, water, and how to handle waste while living unconnected from standard utilities.
The 2nd edition of the Tiny House Design & Construction Guide is now available, with over 50% more content and 38 more images and illustrations!